KICK (Keeping it Cool Kids)
Keeping It Cool Kids (K.I.C.K.) utilizes a 10-week project curriculum to engage early adolescents ages 12-14 (Grades 6-9) in a school or community group setting throughout the North-East Scarborough communities. These unique group facilitation sessions allow early adolescents to process and express their emotions through developmentally age appropriate interactive, creative, engaging activities and group discussions in a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment.
The KICK 10 Core Curriculum modules will explore the following topics:
1. Self-Identity: Fitting in and Belonging
2. Acceptance, Self-Acceptance and Strengths
3. Peer Pressure and Making Healthy Choices
4. Taking Accountability: Values and Ethics
5. Conflict Resolution
6. Stress and Healthy Coping Skills
7. Building Healthy Relationships
8. Self-Care and Mindfulness
9. Leadership to Increase Self-esteem and Self-efficacy
10. Program Evaluation
This project will build and expand on the success of a proven model of over 36 months to support the positive mental health and wellness of youth who are facing barriers. Participants will also be able to develop strong emotional and social skills.
We can deliver a 10-week KICK cycle at your school or community site!