Enable ACCESS Steering Committee
Women’s Enable ACCESS Steering Committee
About the Women’s Enable ACCESS Project
The Women’s Enable ACCESS project will address the gendered systemic barriers faced by women with physical disabilities. This project intends to empower women from North-East Scarborough with physical disabilities to advocate for their needs and build community capacity to better serve them. By supporting platforms for this group to gain skills and become leaders, they will challenge stigmas and increase access and support for women with physical disabilities.
Steering Committee Role and Responsibilities
Steering committee members will advise on the entirety of the project from May 2017 – December 2017 (with the possibility to stay on until December 2018). Main activities include:
- Actively participate in bi-weekly meetings through attendance, discussion, and review of minutes, papers and other steering committee documents;
- Design and complete community based research;
- Support development of a workshop with service providers to build their capacity to service women with physical disabilities;
- Advise on participation of women living with physical disabilities at local network tables;
- Support environmental scan of services and supports available;
- Act as an ambassador of the project and Malvern Family Resource Centre, including reaching out to their own networks and other stakeholders that have not been engaged; and
- Provide leadership and accept responsibility for deliverables.
- Previous experience with or interest to develop community based research skills;
- Previous experience with or interest to learn community advocacy;
- Able to support open discussion and debate, and encourage fellow steering committee members to voice their insights; and
- Interested in advocating and empowering women with physical disabilities
- All volunteers for the Enable Access Project will be required to be a women due to the nature of department – women only space. All women are welcomed.
- All volunteer positions will required a Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Available on weekends and evenings
From May 2017 to December 2017, approximately 5 – 15 hours per month
Contact Jasmeen Chandi, Program Facilitator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416-281-1376 ext. 240
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext.205