This is an on-going volunteer opportunity. The candidate will report directly to the Fundraising Committee and Co-ordinator as assigned by the committee. Will also provide support throughout all fundraising processes.
This is a great opportunity for Event Planning or Marketing majors to get hands-on experience in fundraising and event planning.
- Work in collaboration with the fundraising committee to coordinate a variety of fundraising activities
- Plan, develop, and execute fundraising campaigns and annual fundraising events
- Identify, research, and cultivate sponsorship prospects
- Establish and maintain relationships with major donor prospects
- Clearly and enthusiastically communicate the mission of MFRC to generate interest
- Assist the agency to achieve ambitious goals by building relationships with the public/sponsors
- Research new fundraising trends
- Develop and maintain fundraising support toolkits and materials
- Develop and maintain fundraising materials such as posters, one-pagers, letter templates, etc.
- Develop online resources
- Perform the administrative functions associated with fundraising initiatives
- Attend committee meetings
- Enrolment in/or completion of Marketing, Public or Community Relations, Event Planning program and experience in special events planning in the not-for-profit sector
- Knowledgeable in the skills required to develop a fundraising plan and implement it
- Experience working with staff, volunteers and donors in planning major events
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills with attention to details
- Customer service orientation with an enthusiastic personality to initiate and engage potential donors or sponsors
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, Power Point and social media savvy
- Criminal reference check is required or police clearance letter is required
For more information, contact:
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext. 205