Skate & BMX Park Assistant
Malvern Family Resource Centre is committed to strengthening families and individuals, through inclusive and effective programs and services for children, youth, women, seniors and families in the Rouge River Riding.
Overview of Major Responsibilities
The primary duty of the Skate Park Assistant is to assist the paid staff with ensuring the safety of all boarders as they grind, ollie, railslide or kickflip.
Assistance may also be needed to help with special events hosted at the Skate Park. Volunteers are required to commit to at least one day per week which totals 4 hours.
42 Rides Skate and BMX Park (at the Malvern Recreation Centre, 30 Sewells Road)
Tasks and Activities
- Set up and clean-up of skate park facility
- ensure safety of program space at all times
- Assist staff with the organization of equipment and supplies
- Support and co-facilitate activities
- Greet participants, interact with staff and other volunteers in an appropriate mature manner
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of basic skills on a skateboard (safety, falling, manoeuvring)
- Energetic, enthusiastic & ready to have FUN!
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude, an eagerness to help and learn
- Responsible and organized
Benefits of this Volunteer Role
- Earn mandatory volunteer hours
- Gain personal satisfaction giving back to others
Ongoing training is available on a variety of topics.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext. 205