Information & Referral
Positions available under Seniors Centre and Women’s Place.
Volunteer will help direct women or seniors to the appropriate resources and service agencies in the Malvern community based on need. This position may also involve providing short term crisis counselling.
- Develop a working knowledge of all partner agencies
- Provide information about existing social services and assist access to these services
- Update and maintain information and resources on site
- Record and keep track of referrals. Collect statistics for evaluation purposes
- Follow up with information calls as needed
- Publicize and advocate the work of Malvern Family Resource Centre in the community
- Must fill out completed hours in the volunteer attendance (sign-in) every week
- Must abide to Malvern Family Resource Centre’s policies and procedures
- Must encourage inclusiveness within group members in a positive atmosphere
- Knowledge of community resources for seniors and women in the Malvern community is an asset
- Ability to communicate with sensitivity to clients from diverse language and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Criminal reference check or police clearance letter is required
Varies. Please inquire for details.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext. 205