INCLUDED Project Committee Member
Description & Details
The INCLUDED: Connecting Diverse Women with Disabilities in North-East Scarborough project is looking for volunteers to guide and actively participate in the implementation of this pilot project. INCLUDED aims to engage women with disabilities, caregivers of women with disabilities, and service providers to best understand and develop best practices to overcome unique challenges that women with disabilities in the community face. Committee members are needed for their leadership in the ongoing planning, implementation, and evaluation of the INCLUDED project.
Disability can be physical, mental, developmental, learning, and/or as a result of an injury (as defined under AODA 2005) or any self-defined/self-identified disability.
- Be an ambassador in the community by sharing the INCLUDED project view on women with disabilities
- Provide guidance and input for the INCLUDED project
- Support the needs assessment through different research mediums (e.g. community consultations, focus groups, and surveys)
- Engage in advocacy work to help promote, maintain, and sustain the project
- Support knowledge exchange and connect participants/community to information
- Encourage and increase engagement of participants, volunteers, stakeholders, and community
- Participate in network meetings and contribute to partnership development
- Provide leadership for research, analysis, reporting and evaluation aspects of the INCLUDED project
- Provide leadership in planning of the INCLUDED Summit in September 2017, to share project findings and best practices.
- Participate in orientation and on going trainings
- Committee will meet at least once a month or more frequently if needed, meetings will be 2-3 hours long
- Participate and contribute to various components of project as needed
- The INCLUDED project will take place from November 2016 to September 2017
For more information, contact:
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext. 205
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext. 226