Enable ACCESS Project Volunteer
Women’s Enable ACCESS Project Volunteer
About the Women’s Enable ACCESS Project
The Women’s Enable ACCESS project will address the gendered systemic barriers faced by women with physical disabilities. This project intends to empower women from North-East Scarborough with physical disabilities to advocate for their needs and build community capacity to better serve them. By supporting platforms for this group to gain skills and become leaders, they will challenge stigmas and increase access and supports for women with physical disabilities.
Project Volunteers Role and Responsibilities
Project volunteers will support the delivery of project outcomes until end of December 2017. Main activities include:
- Develop and complete community based research through interviews and surveys with women with physical disabilities and service providers;
- Support development of a workshop with service providers to build their capacity to service women with physical disabilities;
- Complete environmental scan of services and supports available;
- Act as an ambassador of the project and Malvern Family Resource Centre, including reaching out to their own networks and other stakeholders that have not been engaged; and
- Provide leadership and accept responsibility for deliverables
- Interested in advocating and empowering women with physical disabilities
- Previous experience with or interest to develop community based research skills;
- Able to support open discussion and debate, and encourage diverse stakeholders to voice their insights; and
- All volunteers for the Enable Access Project will be required to be a women due to the nature of department – women only space. All women are welcomed.
- All volunteer positions will required a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Available on weekdays, and/or evenings
From May 2017 to December 2017, approximately 5 – 15 hours per month
Send resume to Jasmeen Chandi, Program Facilitator at email@example.com or contact 416-284-4184 ext. 240 for more information.