Enable Access Co-Facilitator
Enable ACCESS Workshop Co-Facilitator
About the Enable ACCESS Project
The Enable ACCESS project will address the gendered systemic barriers faced by women with physical disabilities. This project intends to empower women from North-East Scarborough with physical disabilities to advocate for their needs and build community capacity to better serve them. By supporting platforms for this group to gain skills and become leaders, they will challenge stigmas and increase access and supports for women with physical disabilities.
Workshop Co-Facilitator Role and Responsibilities
Workshop co-facilitators will help develop a workshop for service providers to build community capacity to better support women with physical disabilities. Co-facilitators will receive training on storytelling and share own lived experience at the workshop. Main activities include:
- Develop and co-facilitate a workshop with service providers to build their capacity to service women with physical disabilities;
- Complete training on digital storytelling, develop story and share personal lived experiences with service providers;
- Actively participate in planning meetings for workshop through attendance, discussion and review of relevant documents;
- Act as an ambassador of the project and Malvern Family Resource Centre, including reaching out to their own networks and other stakeholders that have not been engaged; and
- Provide leadership and accept responsibility for deliverables.
- Lived experience as a women with physical disability, or caregiver for this group
- Interest in attending storytelling workshop to develop own story and share lived experience;
- Interest in co-facilitating workshop for service providers with peers to build community capacity;
- All volunteers for the Enable Access Project will be required to be a women due to the nature of department – women only space. All women are welcomed.
- All volunteer positions will required a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
- Available on weekdays, and/or evenings
From June 2017 to December 2017, approximately 2 – 10 hours per month
Send resume to Jasmeen Chandi, Program Facilitator at email@example.com or contact 416-284-4184 ext. 240 for more information.