We are looking for fun, energetic, artistic and enthusiastic volunteers who is looking to help youth develop their talent. Volunteers will assist with the different activities each week.
Volunteer in both or either program:
Creative Expression is a multifaceted art program to explore rap/song writing, visual arts, DJ Skills, production, drama and digital media. Discover basic business and networking skills to turn your passion into a career.
MixSing is a program that rotates every other week between cooking healthy meals, nutrition tips, practicing music acapella in a show choir or more. All talents will be preparing for a year end showcase.
- Assist the youth with any projects they are working on by giving support and suggestions (e.g. help with vocals, help with musical instrument skills etc.)
- Assist the staff with set up and tear down
- Interact with the youth and build a relationship with them
- Help with registration and greeting the youth
- Must be age 18 or older
- Have interest in working with youth (gr.9 – 12)
- Have interest in arts (vocals, instruments, painting)
- Clear Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Be available on Monday between 3 -5 p.m (Creative Expression) and/or Fridays between 3 – 5:30 p.m (MixSing)
- 3 month volunteering opportunity till December 2017