Positions are available under Seniors Centre and Women’s Place.
Assist individuals on the correct and effective use of basic computer applications/ programs.
- Introduction to computer components and computer control
- Microsoft Word
- Internet, search engines and email
- Social networking
- Assist with the development, coordination and structure of computer class sessions for women or seniors
- Promote independent learning and support participants through verbal cuing and assistance
- Assist with the development of program materials
- Must fill out completed hours in the volunteer attendance (sign-in) every week
- Must abide to Malvern Family Resource Centre’s policies and procedures regarding confidentiality, privacy, reporting and record keeping
- Assist with collecting service statistics
- Must encourage inclusiveness within group members in a positive atmosphere
- Interest in, and/or experience teaching computer skills at a beginner level. Must have a good working knowledge of computers and appropriate software needed for computer classes
- Ability to communicate with sensitivity to clients from diverse language and cultural backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Commitment to anti-racism and non-discrimination practices
- Complete MFRC volunteer orientation and all necessary forms, including the Confidentiality Agreement
- Criminal reference check or police clearance letter is required
Varies. Inquire for details.
For more information, contact:
Phone: 416-284-4184 ext. 205