Early Years (0-6 Years)
Malvern Family Resource Centre is the Lead Agency for the Rouge River Ontario Early Years Centre. Ontario Early Years Centres are places where parents and caregivers can get answers to questions and an opportunity to talk to early year’s professionals, as well as other parents and caregivers in the community. Extended evening and weekend hours are provided to accommodate working parents so that they can participate in our programs and access our services.
Vision Statement for Individuals with Special Needs
Our Ontario Early Years Centre values the development, celebrates the strengths, and respects the uniqueness that each child, parent and caregiver brings to the Centre. We provide welcoming, safe and accessible environments. We are committed to provide all children, parents and caregivers with opportunities to learn, enjoy and participate in our Centre and Satellites, including individuals with special needs.
We Believe That:
- All children and families benefit from being included in all aspects of Ontario Early Years Centres and their Satellite programming.
- All children have the right to quality, play-based, and language rich environments.
- All families have the right to access clinical services and community supports.
- All families have the right to access supports to enable full participation in the Ontario Early Years Centres Programs.
- All communities benefit from welcoming and valuing individuals with special needs.
- All Ontario Early Years Centres and their Satellites are instrumental in the development of social networks for all families, especially families living with individuals with special needs.