COVID-19   ▶ Letter to Stakeholders of Malvern Family Resource Centre. Click to view ◀

Free Income Tax Clinics 2020

All clinics have been postponed until further notice due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.

As of March 18, 2020, the Federal tax deadline has been extended. The deadline for filing “individuals” 2019 income taxes has been extended to June 1, 2020.

Malvern Family Resource Centre, in partnership with the Canada Revenue Agency offers a free income tax clinic. Volunteer Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) will be preparing simple* personal tax returns for individuals with modest income and truly need assistance.

Personal tax preparation service is available at no charge to individuals. In general, a modest income means your total family income is less than the amount shown in the chart below, based on the size of your family:
Family size Total family income is under

  • 1 person $35,000
  • 2 persons $45,000
  • 3 persons $47,500
  • 4 persons $50,000
  • 5 persons $52,500


Clients are screened for eligibility before an appointment can be confirmed. All appointments are scheduled ahead of time.

To book an appointment, please phone 416-281-1376 extension 0.



Address 1321 Neilson Road, Scarborough
(NE Sheppard Ave. / Neilson Road)
Dates Thursdays (March 12, 26, and April 2, 2020)
Time 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Subject to change without prior notice.

Note: If you are unable to secure an appointment, we provide a referral service to other clinics.

*Simple tax situation

In general, your tax situation is simple if you have no income or if your income comes from any of these sources:

  • employment
  • pension
  • benefits such as the Canada Pension Plan, disability insurance, employment insurance, and social assistance
  • registered retirement savings plans (RRSPs)
  • support payments
  • scholarships, fellowships, bursaries or grants
  • interest (under $1,000)

Not Simple tax situation

Your tax situation is not simple if you:

  • are self-employed or have employment expenses
  • have business or rental income and expenses
  • have capital gains or losses
  • filed for bankruptcy in the tax year (or the year before, if that return has not yet been filed)
  • are completing a tax return for a deceased person